Monday, November 7, 2011

Fairy Box - DIY Project

This is a little box of fairy treasures that I made as a gift for my goddaughter. I am going to give it to her for Christmas. I was inspired to create this off a post I saw on Pinterest as well as this original blog: http://themamadramalogues.blogspot.com/2010/05/crafty-project-little-fairy-peg-dolls.html. It came out really cute and I can't wait to give it to her! I don't have pictures of everything... but you can get the general idea!

I got all my supplies at Michaels. The box is a small wooden treasure box with a mesh opening in the top so you can see inside the box. It closes with a clasp. I mod-podged scrapbook paper in shades of pink with sparkles to the outside of the box, and lined the inside with the green paper you can see below. I then filled the box with leftover Easter grass. The dolls come as wooden dolls without wings. The wings are wooden dragonflies. I broke off the longer body of the dragon fly and sanded the edge under the wings to make them fit nicely on the backs of the doll bodies. I painted everything using basic craft paints and acrylic spray to finish. I also sprinkled the dolls and their wings with craft glitter while the paint was wet to give them their glowing fairy look :-) The tables are round wooden circles glued to wooden thread spools. The "food" is made up of random beads, glued into painted wooden bowls. This was such a fun project to make!!!! And so inexpensive, considering I had most of the supplies already. 


Here are some of the pieces BEFORE being painted:


Here are some close-ups of the food... this was my favorite part!!!  :-) 




Another favorite thing were the mini-cupcakes I made! :-) These were originally the small wooden mushrooms you saw above! A little paint and glitter and they are transformed into sweet little cupcakes! 


There are TONS of cute little wooden items at the craft store. So if fairies aren't your cup-of-tea, you can create other little worlds for the little ones in your life! I enjoyed this project a lot and the thing I'm looking forward to the most is my goddaughter's reaction. I hope she likes it as much as I do! 

<3 Gracelyn Eirene




1 comment:

  1. So cute and creative, Gracelyn! I'm sure she'll LOVE it!!! Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete